Monday 6 April 2020

Re-edit

Due to all of the problems we have been currently facing in the world right now re-editing is thankfully something I can do at home easily. Although I didn't get to re-shoot like I planned because of COVID-19 I. I feel like my movie will not be as top-notch as I wanted it to be considering the stuff I was going to re-shoot was really going to add that extra oomph of suspense I'm glad I have enough content to re-edit. I've been thinking about the aspects I want to add to my movie since I have so much free time. For my re-edit, I want to add a voice-over which I had already been planning, but I also want to add a text conversation in there to give some context. I also realized that since now I don't get to reshoot with my re-edit I'm going to have to extend some of the clips that I have, which is somewhat ok. I just feel that the clips I have here now are slightly boring, and they're boring for a reason because it is mostly background information about my character. However, since I'm unable to go re-shoot and re-film things now I have to improvise and make do with what I have to make t more interesting so that the person watching wants to know more. For my re-edit, like I said, thankfully I can do this from my home and don't have to leave and all of the clips I have now are sufficient to finish off what I have. Yet a problem I am encountering is little things that ruin the movie. For example, when I would walk past a mirror you could see me or changing the angles/ points of view just looked messy and choppy. Therefore I am hoping to fix that now too and find some clips that don't have me filming in the mirror or blend the different cuts together in a different way to make it look more smooth. The one thing I am the most worried about for my re-edit is making it all look cohesive whilst still making sense and sounding good. A large part of my movie is the audio as it helps the viewer to understand what exactly is happening and why. Therefore, I'm worried that if my audio doesn't come out or show up the way I want it to it will ruin the whole aspect and feel of my movie, That is one of my biggest concerns as well as just the simplicity of the movie, in a sense. I know that there won't be too much going on in my movie which is not what I'm worried about. I'm worried that there may be too little or just too much in a way that the viewer won't understand what's happening. That's why I am trying to carefully plan out what I want to do for re-editing so that I have a clear path for what to do. Also having to change software from the one we used at school, pinnacle studios, to one now that I use at home, imovie, might be a challenge but I'm ready to take it head-on.

No comments:

Post a Comment