Thursday 5 March 2020

Peer Review

This time for our next step in creating the first 2 minutes of an original movie my class did peer reviews. we sat down in class for about 30 minutes and essentially reviewed each other's movies. I reviewed a specific groups movie and then a different group other than the movie ever viewed reviewed my movie. we filled out sheets with questions on them asking just the basics of what this movie should include like different shots lighting storyline understanding etc. Funny thing stop could be a part of our movie that would essentially be the basis for a movie to come was asked. It was very important for us to do these peer reviews as it would give us an unbiased opinion as to what we have to improve on for the future. This helps a lot considering that we will be doing reshooting and re editing so it gives us some factors to take into consideration when we do redo our stuff. I felt as though the process went really well for me in the sense that the group that was reviewing my movie enjoyed it very much. They did think it was a little bit plain innocence as I thought it was in a sense as well . But I thought that the kind of plainness about it was OK as it was the first 2 minutes of a movie. to me the first 2 minutes aren't the most exciting As you were just trying to give background in detail on the characters and the situation that they are in. However some of the things that I do feel I missed out on with the peer review is excelling in editing. The group that I reviewed had such professional looking editing from the directed by two the studio that presents the movie to you something made up by us of course however it just looked so nice and put together. I knew that I wanted to incorporate that into my movie however my skills aren't as advanced as theirs of they've done pieces of art like this before. I do however feel like I could improve on a lot of things like this shots that I include in my movie as well as some information presented. I felt as though i should add a voice over into my movie to give more of a clear understanding of what's happening. A voiceover in the perspective of the character being focused on of course. All in all though i felt my movie was liked by my reviewers however did give me some good pieces of constructive criticism that will definitely help me out in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment