Friday 17 January 2020

Start of Final Task

For this project, where we are working on the first two minutes of an original movie, I have decided to work alone. I chose not to work with a group because I find myself as a worker who likes to have full on control and don't want my ideas being questioned by other in a group. I am scared of the amount of workload in which I am going to have to handle myself but I am confident I will be able to portray what I want without hesitation and reliance on others. I do doubt myself in a few factors of getting everything done in a timely manner as well as not procrastinating. However, with the way in which I want to film and get everything done I'm sure I will be able to manage my time wisely. I see myself as a hard independent worker but I do have my downfall in some areas which it a worries me splitting from my group. I chose to split because on my past projects we never truly worked together and I as well as my other partner Macy were left with majority of the decisions and workload. Therefore, if I could handle it before I feel as thought I'll be able to handle it now.

Throughout my journey working and creating other projects like a commercial and a music video I feel like I've learned how to work with a camera to portray what I want and how to manage editing studios. For filming, instead of using the school issued camera and tripod I've been working and filming on my phone. Doing this has made it easier for me to film in some ways but also harder in others. I've learned that tilting the camera and moving different ways can express different types of scenery and events. However, it makes it harder to do tracking shots and moving ones because you don't have much of a sturdy base as you yourself are holding the camera. For now thought I am excited to see how I will handle working and editing on my own and the ways in which ill be able to direct others.

A pitch is a Hollywood term used to describe an idea where a film is encapsulated in 25 words or less. Usually said in once sentence and often referred to as an elevator pitch since they're commonly short and entice the listener very quickly. For me I want to work on some horror or thriller themes that are easy enough to work with and can entice an audience quickly. They also are easy to work with as you can leave anybody hung up with some suspense. I have three ideas/ topics that I think I could work with and portray really well. The first one is a murder mystery where a murder has been committed in town and the murderer is lurking around looking for its next victim and you don't n]know who exactly the murderer is while investigation is looking for him/her. My next idea is a love story gone wrong, two lovers, one gone insane goes on a hunt to kill the other. You follow the murderous one on their journey to find the other and kill him/her. Lastly, a stalker following and kidnapping its prey. The victim is just walking home from clubbing one night and suddenly gets kidnapped by the towns most unexpected person. You'd think everything could be fine but it turn nasty pretty quick.



No comments:

Post a Comment