Thursday 30 January 2020

Art of the Titles

Art of the Title is an online publication dedicated to title sequence design, spanning the film, television, conference, and video game industries. The publication is both an educational and historical resource and a contemporary publication, focusing on the creative process behind the design of title sequences. While I was on here I was able to discover and watch, or re-watch some of the opening sequences of different movies. I selected many movies that fell into the genre of the one I wanted to create, which was horror. I did this because I felt it would give me a better idea and more of a perspective on what to do rather than just winging it. I was able to learn that many intros for horror movies really aren't THAT scary and the titling or font of the text isn't always was entices the viewer. I also learned that spreading out names and aspects of the opening minutes is best that way the viewer isn't overwhelmed with information. It also showed mt how you can fit in names and stuff with other aspects of the intro and ways to do it without interfering with the opening sequence. As well as how the opening sequence doesn't always necessarily have to be something with actors and can be many pictures, or a map, or something that gives background to up coming events. I saw how the website included many movies and genres I had never even thought or known about. It was also very spread out and in a loose term messy. There was horror mixed with comedy, or animation and many movies I saw I had never heard of. This made it somewhat confusing for me as I wasn't exactly sure of what to look for. I did like, however, how you could choose or search different designers and studios if you were looking for something specific. As well as, even thought not withing my knowledge it included many different movies which is nice if you ar ejsut looking for some examples. 

No comments:

Post a Comment