Sunday 6 October 2019

Introductory

Hi my name is Adriana Garcia, I'm 15 years old and I live in Fort Lauderdale Florida. I go to Fort Lauderdale High School by day and by night I am a dancer and participate In marshal arts. I was born on November 17th 2003 in Cleveland, Ohio and moved to Weston, Florida when i was just a couple months old. In Weston I lived with my grandparents for a few years until me and my parents moved out and came to live in Fort Lauderdale. Some cool facts about my time in Ohio and Weston are, When I lived and visited Ohio it was very cold so my mom would put a hat on my ears to keep me warm. Well she didn't exactly always put it on right and for a couple moths of my life I had folded ears. I also learned basic human functions like walking and "talking" living with my grandparents and have come up with some oh so famous catchphrases my parents still taunt me with today.

My family is from Puerto Rico making me a bilingual baby learning english at school and Spanish at home. Making my developing childhood only a little bit harder than usual. At the age of three my parents placed me in Karate which, to thus day I still do and am now a third degree blackbelt. I've learned many self defense skill in karate but also learned respect and leadership, self-control, honor, honesty, and so many more. The studio has shaped my life in many ways which I am very grateful for. I also recently, since 6th grade, have gotten into the preforming art of dance. Every Monday and Tuesday I go to dance and learn many different styles such as contemporary, jazz, tap, ballet, and even acrobatics. The concludes my everyday lifestyle but for my future I really want to pursue other things.

My interest in life for the future for me are pretty simple. I have 3 different areas of study I want to pursue. My top one being business, just like my dad I want to open and run a very successful business centralized around either cosmetology (makeup and skincare) or culinary arts (a restaurant). That leads me to my two other fields of study cosmetology and culinary arts. Cosmetology such as makeup has always been something I enjoyed doing and thought why not pursue a career in something I love so much. Culinary arts as well, I've been cooking and baking with my mom and grandma for as long as I can remember and carrying on a passion of al the women in my family would be such an honor to be able to pay homage to them every day. All in all, I just want to say, I see myself as a very hard worker and just like any other student I am not afraid to say I am a procrastinator yet I always turn my homework in on time. However, if i set my mind to anything it will get done and will get done right.

No comments:

Post a Comment