Friday 25 October 2019

Filming

For my filming process we took to the field of Fort Lauderdale High School. Our commercial was ok gatorade so we worked with my team member Macy Doyle to have an athlete as our soccer player to promote our gatorade. We went out to the field to get all of our action shots. Using my iphone 11 pro we filmed everything as we knew this phone is approved by cambridge and would be much easier to film with my phone than taking out a camera. It meant less liability and responsibility for us to handle. From then Macy changed into her soccer player outfit and had her dribble the soccer ball around the field having her shoot goals and pit goalie Ben Coleman. We had a couple missed shots that sadly hit us in the face. Yet we still accomplished all of our shots and were able to get most of the content we needed to compile a whole commercial.

My job in the commercial was as filmer. We hadn’t decided on me doing this position prior to going out to film but I felt as though I understood the content going into the commercial and could capture it well. As I used my own phone we didn’t have the use of a tripod which made our tracking shots a little bit more difficult. Also we had a penny board to make our tracking shots easier but on the grass it wasn’t functional and kept breaking. There was also a point where I was trying to get a cool shot of the soccer ball going in the goal and tripped backward over the net and fell. Another time of me trying to get a cool shot of the goal my phone rebounded hit me in the tooth and fell on the ground. My teammate Ben  also got hit in the face with a soccer ball but it’s all good because none of us were truly hurt in the process

Working with my teammates I feel was an experience, they all each contributed to the commercial however some more than others. Macy Doyle, as I said before contributed greatly and is basically the main star of our entire commercial. Ben Coleman also did really good job as our goalie listening to direction and even adding a slight bit of comedy to our commercial. However my third teammate Andrew I feel did not contribute too much to the comercial. I filmed, Macy and Ben started and Andrew mostly just walked around dazed and confused. Most direction he gave was either incorrect or didn’t make sense for the commercial. The one clip he was in is most likely unusable just making him and bystander taking the grade others worked for. I feel we all still worked really hard and put effort into this comercial and still have some tweaks to make but hope to fix that on our next day of filming. We know the editing process is going to be tough and for that reason are trying to get good content making out job and lives easier in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment